Thursday, July 9, 2009

Half-Birthdays deserve celebrations too!!

Oh wait, my half-birthday would have been June 5, not July 5th! Yes, I did pass all of my advanced math, physics & chem courses in college, I swear!! Haha. Oh well, guess I can't use the half-birthday theory to legitimize my latest splurge!
LOOK!!!! This just arrived via owl post yesterday!!



and once you've spoiled yourself with yummy yarn, what would be better than finishing the day with a BBQ & homegrown watermelon!


a skewer of jalapenos (some were quite hot), yummy okra (because i've been picking 2-3 pieces every single day & it's my fav grilled veggie), & a sampling of different veggie "meats" to see which ones grill the best

and finally - the watermelon i've had my eye on for weeks in herbology. it was almost 20 lbs!! (that's 9 kgs)

4 comments:

  1. I celebrate my half birthday too. LOL (Although it's in January.) The barbecue looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn half birthday is awesome! Mine is coming up in September!

    Oh your okra is amazing. I replanted my okra plants. I had tipped their small pots and realized they were root bound, the next day they were sad little falling down okra. I replanted them. Looks like the largest and two smallest are going to make it. The three middle ones are still up in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not half-birthday... an even better idea. I'm going to start celebrating my death day. Several years ago I had a dream that the large hand of God came to me and pointed at a grave stone (very, very Christmas Carolesque of God). On the grave stone was the date Oct. 30.

    Then I was taken to my funeral where I saw my parents in dark funeral clothes. They were crying. And I woke up.

    But...I never saw the year! I was paranoid, because sometimes I get hit with these superstitious moments, and was afraid to go anywhere on Oct. 30. Now I just laugh about it with Den, because it is pointless knowing the day if you don't know the year! But it is worthy of celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The BBQ was very good!
    Denise that is hilarious. I didn't know you had a dream like that. I think you should celebrate.....just maybe don't do anything dangerous.

    ReplyDelete