Friday, April 16, 2010

Care of Magical Creatures Homework

Part One:
For my Care of Magical Creatures homework, this will be my originality marker:



Here are 5 items that I always like to have handy for Care of Magical Creatures:
1) A shiny gold bank filled with shiny coins to attract Nifflers. There is a handy "mute" button on the bottom to make the bank & its contents not shiny so the Nifflers don't attack the person holding it or destroy the room that it's in.

2) Gloves for handling Blast-Ended Skrewts & other such spiny creatures.

3) Goggles for protecting my eyes from venom, nasty juices, and other hazardous fluids that a creature might spit or emit.

4) Chocolate in case you run into dementors, or in case you need a pick me up after a long, boring afternoon of observing flobberworms.

5) This item was originally going to be my "happy thought" for conjuring my patronus to protect myself from dementors:

but when I tried to capture my "happy thought" with my originality marker, it turned into a not so happy thought:GRRR!!

Soooo, instead item #5 will be my lunar calendar & wolfsbane potion to help relieve werewolves of some of their pain during the full moon. (Looks like I'm almost out of wolfsbane potion, must remember to brew some more)


Part Two:
1. Please describe the physical appearance of a house elf.
Large, pointy ears, long nose, bulging eyes, 2-3 feet tall, spindly arms & legs
2. Kreacher is the house elf of which wizarding family?
The Black Family (inherited by Harry Potter, after Sirius' death)
3. What is Hermione Granger making for the house elves?
Little house elf sized hats & socks
4. How do you free a house elf?
Present him/her with clothes
5. What does S.P.E.W. stand for?
Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare

Part Three: Bonus/Extra Credit assignment, S.P.E.W. hat

1 comment: