Friday, September 24, 2010

My 5 favorite things...

If I were on the run from Death Eaters I would have to take a few things with me.

1) A Kindle so I could read up on the Deathly Hallows in Tales from Beedle the Bard. It would also be helpful to be able to download travel guides on the spot while on the run. (I actually don't have a Kindle but would most certainly get one before going into hiding, running away, or being stranded on a deserted island. It may be on my Xmas list for this year.)
2) An iPod filled with my favorite music & the Harry Potter audiobooks read by Jim Dale (for inspiration on ways to escape from the Death Eaters). It would also have to have some movies, maybe Rear Window & some Thin Man movies. Or TV shows, my current pick would be Dexter. And of course photos of the people I'm leaving behind while on the run.
3) Knitting needles & yarn of course!
4) A Nintendo DS with a Pokemon game & a Final Fantasy game. Those games take so freaking long to play that you could keep playing them one after the other for quite a while & not get tired of them.
5) My husband & my dog....I know that's really two "things", but I couldn't be forced to pick between them & I wouldn't want to give up my yarn or my electronics! I could however be persuaded to leave our betta - George the IV - behind (don't let the roman numeral fool you, we don't intentionally kill fish they just don't live much more than a year or two for us.)

1 comment: